- The Short Film Market4 days | 9,000 films | 3,700+ professionals
- Exhibition HallOur main area! Come & meet the 35 exhibiting countries this year. Welcome to the new ones!
- Raout PachaNational CANAL+ Award and "Fernand Raynaud" Award for Best Comedy 2020 / France
- DisciplinairesTélérama Press Prize 2020 / France
- Invisível herói (Invisible Hero)Award for Best European Film 2020 / Portugal, France
- QuebramarAward for Best Documentary 2020 / Brazil
- Miss ChazellesAdami Award for Best Actress 2020 / France
- The Loyal ManAdami Award for Best Actor 2020 / France
- Mémorable (Memorable)National Audience Prize and Special Effects Award by Adobe 2020 / France
- Clean with Me (After Dark)National Special Jury Prize 2020 / France
- OllaNational Grand Prix, Student prize and SACD Award for Best First Live Action Short 2020 / France
- California on FireLab Audience Prize 2020 / United States
- Freeze FrameLab Special Jury Prize 2020 / Belgium, Germany, Finland
- Günst ul Vándrafoo (Gusts of Wild Life)Lab Grand Prix 2020 / Spain
- City of ChildrenInternational Student Prize 2020 / United Kingdom
- The PresentInternational Audience Prize 2020 / Palestine, Qatar
- All the Fires the FireInternational Special Jury Prize 2020 / Greece
- Da Yie (Good night)International Grand Prix 2020 / Belgium, Ghana
- Clermont-Ferrand International Short Film Festival42st edition from January 31st to 8th, 2020
- B2B sessionsThe most efficient way to meet distributors and festival programmers.
- Buyers’ presentationsWant to know what buyers are after? These talks will help you find your future distributors.
- Meet & GreetThe best way to develop your network, enjoying a nice talk around breakfast or apero!
- VideolibraryMore than 8,000 films listed on the Market Videolibrary are accessible on video terminals.
- ForumExpand your knowledge with conferences about the industry top topics & trends.
- Industry EventsConferences, masterclass...
- MEDIA Rendez-vousContact professionals thanks to our database & schedule your meetings in our dedicated pro area.
- Market screeningsOur exhibitors invite you to very special screenings to promote their latest talents!
- Dekalb ElementaryUSA - 2016
A festival "only online"
Fortunately our team has cautiously prepared a digital version of the festival available to domestic audiences. It was originally meant as an extension of what we hoped would we a reduced version of the festival in the theatres for local audiences. The latest governmental announcements of January 7 have signaled the end of our hope of maintaining a hybrid version. Just like the Short Film Market, the Clermont-Ferrand Short Film Festival 2021 is now moving entirely online.
The idea of not seeing audiences rushing to watch films all over town amidst smiling professionals from all over the world (the festival 2020 registered 170,000+ admissions in the theaters in one week) is of course heartbreaking for our team – as is the overall health situation in many countries. But at least we were prepared and the good news is that the festival will be accessible nationwide for the first time, from 29 January to 6 February, to regular festival goers and newly-converted audiences alike. Online spectators will get online access to all the films in competition this year, as well as selected side programmes. In total 218 films, curated in 43 programmes, will be available for online viewing in French original version or with French subtitles. For licensing reasons, access to the online festival will be limited to viewers based in France and French overseas territories.
The pandemic has not managed to get rid of the formidable creativity of filmmakers from around the world. Watch out for our upcoming jury announcements and festival trailer. Industry professionals will have access to this year’s festival selection on our separate industry platform shortfilmwire.com, available from all corners of the world, as part of the online Short Film Market.